Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: 4722, 15095, 1588a ?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member soundhouserecording's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a wonderful sounding Altec 1567A - 5 Channel Tube mixer / mic pre / DI and Eq that uses the 4722 and 15095 Transformers. And I have one extra 4722 transformer.

    I just purchased a 1589b that has one 1588a transformer and then one empty transformer socket.

    My question . . . can I use the 4722 in the
    empty socket of the 1589b ? Or what other Altec octal plug in tranformers can I use with the 1589b ?


    Any help - very much appreciated.

    Scott

    Soundhouse Recording
    Seattle, WA

  2. #2
    Inactive Member soundhouserecording's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    btw:

    I am in love with the sound of the 1567a on vocals and room mics.

    I bought the Altec 1589b to try on Guitars and Snares.

    any other use hints on these units - greatly appreciated.

    I am also interested in finding a reasonable price on an Altec 436C or an Altec 438 - so if anyone has one of these in excellent condition please let me know.

    Thank you.

    Scott

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.